Claire's birthday is today - it sort of landed on a crazy week. Lots of other events and commitments, and it's the beginning of spring break, so a lot of her friends are out of town. She had a really fun birthday party last year, and this year she was cool with getting to do a little outing with her best friend and her best cousin in lieu of a party.

 photo IMG_1788.jpg

Claire's girlie to the bone and begs (BEGS!) to go to the nail salon all the time. She went once with me in New York (the cheapest and greatest mani-pedi is at Candy Nails in the Fi Di for about $20 total and that includes tip! And it's cheaper for kids, obviously). And then I took her with me again recently when I went to get a shellac mani (my favorite) before Alt Summit. She was so excited and had so much nervous energy, the poor nail tech kept asking her to hold still :)

 photo IMG_1746.jpg

Anyway, so we're going to the nail salon with a couple of cute girls tomorrow (wish me luck). I'll probably get shellac for my nails because a regular mani will get trashed in 24 hours with all my projects. When I don't have shellac on my nails though, I am the HUGEST fan of this drugstore nail polish made by cover girl. It's cheap and so good! They claim it lasts a full seven days and I would say they come really close to delivering on that promise.


 photo IMG_1747-1.jpg

I stumbled on the product as a splurge-purchase (I got the red called Lasting Love, I think) once in Brooklyn, solely because I liked the square packaging (don't judge). I was shocked at how much I like the actual polish! It is really hard-wearing, which is saying something coming from me (I'm a record-breaking mani-ruiner). And the colors are gorgeous.

 photo IMG_1799-1.jpg

I find myself often wandering over to the nail polish aisle at CVS just to see if they have any new shades. And when I ran out of my go-to winter color recently (Essie's Wicked), I bought this one, called Wine Stain, from the CG line as a stand in.

 photo IMG_1765.jpg

The peach color is a recent favorite though. I love wearing grays and nudes on my hands and fun colors on my toes, but this peach-pink (called Peek-A-Boo Pink) feels perfect for spring without being too crazy.

 photo IMG_1758.jpg

Any nail product favorites for you lately? I also recently discovered the complete genius of the nail polish remover tubs, where you just dip and twist your nails in the spongy-thing. It's amazing and they last forever, surprisingly. I like this one a lot.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top